ALL THE WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT CHORAL CHAMELEON
Choral Chameleon relies on a combination of revenues, not just ticket revenues from live performances, dues and grants.
Individual donor support is critical for us to continue our important and influential work across many boroughs of New York City and beyond.
This work includes:
- Preparation and Presentation of groundbreaking choral music programming, dealing with real human themes for real people that require exceptionally flexible and open-minded artists.
- Guaranteeing our audience will experience premieres of exciting new choral music in every season.
- Ability to offer year-long composer residencies.
- Freedom to explore secular contexts for choral music alongside the spiritual, to provoke reassessment of what a choral music concert can feel like, utilizing unexpected venues, videos and collaborations with other disciplines.
- Unparalleled educational experiences for emerging composers and conductors at our Summer Institute and providing guest conducting rotations.
- Increasing awareness of important social issues in our shared community through the medium of ensemble singing.
- Promoting personal health and well-being through choral singing as a sustainable life-practice for avocational and professional singers alike.
- “Changing the Voice of Choral Music” on the modern concert scene, and claiming our American choral music heritage.
If you prefer to donate by personal check, please address it to 'Choral Chameleon Inc.' and mail it (with your return address so we can send you a tax receipt):
ATTN: Eddie Maddalena, Treasurer
199 Carroll Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231
SERVE ON OUR BOARD
- Passionate about the health of the choral art form?
- Have a deep and diverse appreciation of music?
- Eager to learn more about arts administration or non-profit stewardship?
- Able to make an annual financial commitment from yourself or from others?
- Do you recognize that to innovate, someone else doesn't always have the answer?
- A person who follows through on commitments?
The commitment is only a 1 hour before and 30 minutes after any concert - and you get FREE admission for yourself to any concert for which you usher! Sign up!
VOLUNTEER YOUR EXPERTISE
Event planners, caterers, stage managers, graphic designers and other visual artists, marketing and PR specialists, fundraising, social media specialists, and more. Contact us!
Promote your own business by donating goods or services to Choral Chameleon. Receive free advertising in exchange for your support. Sponsors include food vendors, services, travel planners, retail stores, clothing and more. Talk to us!
Add our Facebook events to your personal social media pages, share our posts & videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, take pictures and tweet during concerts, help hand out postcards at public outreach events, connect our organization with others who should know who we are - the sky is the limit! It's also easy to host your own personal fundraiser on Facebook.
TOP FIVE REASONS TO SUPPORT CHORAL CHAMELEON
Choral Chameleon is more than just a choir. The Summer Institute is more than just a Summer course.
- We are cultivating a choral community - one that is changing the lives of all who take part in it.
- We are making PEOPLE MUSIC - presenting music about real human themes that people relate to; using people as the instruments - and all that comes with them.
- We have commissioned, nurtured and produced OVER 150 WORLD PREMIERES in our first nine years - an unprecedented number, and a major statement about the support of new concert music for voices! This is one of the key reasons why Choral Chameleon has been recognized nationally by the choral community in our winning of the Chorus America/ASCAP Award for Adventurous Programming in 2015 and why founder Vince Peterson was awarded the Chorus America Louis Botto Award for Innovative Action and Entrepreneurial Zeal.
- We are actively using this art for social justice - in our periodical free outreach concert series around themes such as tolerance and climate change.
- We are keeping people connected to each other person-to-person in a technological age which is moving at the speed of light!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2018 – 2019 DONORS
David S. Delauro
John Prince, NCM
Chris Patterson, Jacqueline Perez
Deborah Bishop Joan Bredthauer Scott Brown
Nathan Taylor, Edward Thompson, Nicholas Weininger
Paul And Constance Beliveau
Matthew Brown, Agnes Buchanan
Michael & Diane Cassidy
Craig Goodwin-Ortiz De León
Ashley Michel Hoban